Launcher Planning List
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Verify and outline replacement for Manifests.
- TCP ACK is the current methodology being explored.
- Verify any additional server-side requirements that must be developed to work with this data management model.
- Settle on launcher's server list management methodology.
- Develop a prototype for demonstration
- Potentially, combine the incomplete Sunrise launcher with a github-acquired TCPAck solution to present the idea in action. Additional changes or custom solutions can be worked out later.
List of Development Milestones
- Settle on whether to continue existing Sunrise launcher development, or migrate to another programming language.
- Ease-of-entry or familiarity with the language to develop the software should be a priority to resolve limitations with available developers.
- Issues with Sunrise are that there may be a lack of experience surrounding Python with QT to continue development.
- If Sunrise is discontinued, verify if any aspects of the project, such as Lexi's skins, can be recycled to minimize future labor.
List of Requirements
- Launcher must be in the same directory as the game executable. Forcing this as a standard will resolve several problems with administrative rights requirements previously seen in earlier launchers.
- User interface layout and design requirements.
- Detailed view of transfer speeds
- Detailed view of progress
- Confirm and work around compatibility problems across OS platforms.
- Wine wrapping seems to be among the most popular solutions.
- Meaningful Error messages
- Detailed messages will help with troubleshooting experience